BUSINESS CONTINUITY PLANNING
All organisations have an obligation, not just to their stakeholders but to their own survival, to be adequately prepared to respond to a disaster or unexpected event in a co-ordinated manner that preserves the continuity of core operations.
In some circumstances, obligations to business continuity have come about as a direct result of statutory or regulatory obligations but, in addition to this, organisations are increasingly finding their business continuity arrangements being questioned by customers seeking assurance around supply chain continuity.
For many organisations, an event that impacts on delivery of services will mean direct loss of revenue and client penalties. Organisations that fail to plan are likely to see much greater impacts from significant events than those that do and they can even find themselves facing a failure of part or all of the business.
Plan-Net assists organisations by providing relevant, effective consultancy solutions from undertaking an initial gap analysis (via our Rapid BCP service) through to attaining certification of their Business Continuity Management System against the ISO 22301 Standard.
Through our Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Consultancy we can:
- Help you to understand your key business operations, the threats they might be exposed to and the impacts that could occur in the event of a major incident.
- Assist business heads in formalising their specific requirements for continuity for their areas of the business and in particular their information systems including:
- Recovery Time Objectives – how quickly a particular system or area of the business needs to be recovered in the event of a disaster
- Recovery Point Objectives – the amount of data (measured in minutes, hours or days) that the business can acceptably lose in the event of a disaster
- Ensure that reliance on and issues around supply-chain are appropropriately considered.
- Develop documented Business Continuity Plans that direct the organisation in how to respond to unexpected events, as well as ensure that a framework for continual improvement is in place.
- Accelerate the process by engaging a consultative partner such as Plan-Net to provide guidance, expertise and good governance
- Produce test strategies and support the testing of continuity and recovery plans in order to assure the business its preparedness.
- Provide a documented Business Consultancy Plan which would align an organisation’s disaster recovery and business continuity processes and procedures with industry best practice.
In a world full of uncertainty, no-one can predict what events may impact your business. However, Plan-Net can help your organisation and your stakeholders be assured that you are prepared for the unexpected.