Plan-Net Privacy Notice
Plan-Net takes data protection very seriously and understands the importance of protecting your privacy and Personal Information. “Personal Information” is any information that identifies you as an individual such as your name, date of birth and email address.
Data Protection Framework
Plan-Net has completed applicable Privacy Impact Assessments (also known as Data Protection Impact Assessments under GDPR) for activities related to our processing of Personal Information.
How do we collect your information?
We collect your Personal Information in various circumstances, but in particular:
- When you submit your CV to us (either directly or via a 3rd party) if you are applying for work with Plan-Net
- When you provide other information to us as part of the onboarding process when you have accepted a job or contract with Plan-Net
- When you submit information to us via our website e.g. filling in a response form to enquire about Plan-Net’s services
- When you submit information to us by calling our offices or by emailing us
If we are seeking to employ you or set-up a contract with you then it will be essential for you to provide Personal Information to enable this to be completed. However, in many other circumstances your decision to disclose your personal data is entirely voluntary, and by doing so, you are taking an affirmative action by providing us with specific consent to use your personal data only for the purposes for which you have disclosed it to us.
We will at all times handle and store your personal data in accordance with industry best practice aligned with our ISO27001 certification, the international standard for information security. This includes the activities and procedures undertaken by our own personnel and authorised third parties, and the technical controls which we have implemented to prevent unauthorised access, compromise or theft of information from our applications, supporting computer systems and premises.
Personal information we may collect
GDPR specifies a set of personal data categories which are “sensitive”, and which requires special consideration by Data Controllers (a Data Controller is defined as the person or body who determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal data is to be processed). Our websites and any service available from our websites do not knowingly collect or process any sensitive personal data. However in certain circumstances, for example if you are applying for a job with Plan-Net, we may collect sensitive personal information if you provide it to us e.g. on your CV.
Personal information we collect about you may include the following:
- General information such as your name, address, email, telephone numbers, gender, marital status, date of birth, physical appearance (photos)
- Sensitive information as part of a recruitment or on-boarding process such as trade union membership, racial or ethnic origin, criminal record.
- Publically available information in relation to professional history including educational background, employment history, skills and experience, professional qualifications and certifications.
Legal Basis for Processing
- The processing is necessary to fulfil a contract
On some occasions, our processing of your data is based on it being necessary to fulfil a contract. Examples include when we are setting you up on our systems as an employee, or when we are preparing a contract to which you are a party.
- Legitimate Interest
On most occasions we process your data on the basis of our Legitimate Interest, including when we send promotional material to you. Any direct marketing activities that we conduct are performed in accordance with the ICO’s Direct Marketing Guidelines for business to business communications.
You may opt-out of such marketing at any time and we will always make it easy for you to by, for example, including a link to do so in any email that we send to you.
Declaration of sub processing
We share your Personal Information with our third party service providers including our accountants, lawyers, auditors, pension providers etc. as well as hosting providers, storage providers and technical outsourced service providers who assist us in carrying out our business activities.
We may also share your Personal Information with governmental and other public authorities, such as the police, courts, tax authorities etc. in order to comply with relevant legal processes and applicable laws.
We do not share your Personal Information with any other non-connected third parties.
How we use your personal data
We may use your personal data in any of the following ways:
- To communicate with you for business purposes
- To send you any information relating to changes in our policies, terms and conditions, company details etc.
- To carry out market research, which may include satisfaction surveys
- To provide marketing information to you on products and services provided by Plan-Net
- For the purpose of managing our business operations and technical infrastructure and for complying with internal policies and procedures, which includes activities related to our IT systems, data and website hosting, business continuity, records management, document management, finance activities such as billing, processing payroll, facilitating employee benefits etc.
- In order to resolve complaints
- In order to handle requests for subject data access and correction
- To comply with applicable laws and any regulatory obligations such as anti-money laundering, anti-terrorism etc.
- To respond to legitimate requests from public and governmental authorities
- To protect our business operations and legal rights.
Children’s Personal Data
Plan-Net does not provide services, nor are our websites, directed at children under the age of 13. If you learn that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with their personal information without having parental consent, please contact the Company’s Data Protection Officer immediately so that we can take appropriate action (details are at the end of this Privacy Notice).
Customer and Citizen Data Rights
As prescribed within Data Protection regulations, you have specific rights connected to the provision of your personal data to Plan-Net. These include your rights to request we:
- confirm to you what personal data we may hold about you, if any, and for what purposes
- change the consent (if applicable) which you have provided to us in relation to your personal data
- correct any inaccurate or incomplete personal data which we may hold about you
- provide you with a complete copy of your personal data for you to move elsewhere
- stop the processing of your personal data, whilst an objection from you is being resolved
- permanently erase all your personal data promptly, and confirm to you that this has been done (Please note that there may be reasons why we may be unable to do this)
To contact Plan-Net, please see the details at the end of this Privacy Notice.
If Plan-Net does not address your request, or fails to provide you with a valid reason why we have been unable to do so, you have the right to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office to make a complaint. They can be contacted via their website (www.ico.org.uk).
Cookies are small text files sent by us to your computer, and from your computer or mobile device to us each time you visit our website. They are unique to you or your web browser. Session-based cookies last only while your browser is open and are automatically deleted when you close your browser session. Persistent cookies last until you or your browser delete them, or until they expire.
External Website Links
Plan-Net’s corporate websites may include relevant hyperlinks to external websites not controlled by us. Whilst all reasonable care has been exercised in selecting and providing any such links, you are advised to exercise caution before clicking any external links. We cannot guarantee the ongoing suitability of external links, nor do we continually verify the safety or security of the contents which may be subsequently provided to you. You are advised, therefore, that your use of external links is at your own risk and we cannot be responsible for any damages or consequences from your use of them.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may change this Plan-Net Privacy Notice from time to time, and if we do we will post any changes on this page. If you continue to access this website or use services available from this website after those changes have come into effect, you will have agreed to the revised policy.
This Company Privacy Notice is version 1.0, and is effective from 1st May, 2018.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, would like to exercise any of your statutory rights, or to make a complaint, please write to:
The Data Protection Officer
1 Temple Avenue